Wanted: Freelance Designer
The Foundry is Meredith Corporation’s state-of-the-art creative lab and content studio, where data and storytelling meet to form unparalleled custom content. We are the home of some of the world’s most innovative and creative thinkers, driven by imagination and passion for our work.
The Foundry is looking for a designer to create striking, powerful, and resonant content, communications, and experiential events for clients and consumers. As an integral part of our creative process, the designer will contribute from strategy through execution, ushering through the innovative native and branded experiences that define our work across Meredith’s print and digital platforms.
The ideal candidate will have strong design and time management skills, and a mastery of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, as well as a working knowledge of Sketch. In addition, they must be an active participant in the creative process, and a problem solver who can balance multiple projects on tight deadlines while maintaining a high-quality design aesthetic—and a positive, professional attitude.
• Develop mocks for advertisers
• Create mood boards
• Retouch and manipulate photos via Photoshop
• Create final digital assets both custom and templated
• Maintain brand integrity in all design executions
• Budget for photoshoots
• Produce photoshoots
• A self-starting creative with an impeccable sense of design and a “no job too small” dedicated work ethic
• An enthusiastic collaborator with excellent communication skills who can take constructive feedback in a fast-paced, deadline-driven setting
• A sophisticated design + typography sensibility with great attention to detail
• 2-5 years of design experience
• A degree in Graphic Design
• Expertise in the full Adobe Creative Suite
• Skills that make you a strong team player
• Strong communication skills
Please send your resume and cover letter to Katy Delehanty at Katy.Delehanty@thefoundry.nyc